Construction contractor, construction toy and toy company toy maker, Toy Company, has pulled out of Oklahomans amusement park after the shooting.
The toy company tweeted a message Thursday saying it was pulling out of the amusement park, saying, “We regret this decision.
Thank you to all of our loyal fans for your support over the years.
We will miss the Oklahoman family.”
Oklahoma Mayor Mick Cornett said Thursday he has spoken with Toy Company’s president and will consider a variety of options.
Cornett, a Republican, said he plans to meet with Toy company executives.
Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin called Toy Company and its parent company, the toy manufacturer Mattel, to express condolences to the family of the man killed.
“The family of this fallen officer has been in my thoughts since the beginning,” Fallin said.
“I’m asking for your thoughts, your prayers and your support in the times of pain that are still unfolding in Oklahoma.
I want to offer my sincere condolences to this fallen Oklahoma officer’s family and friends.”
Toy Company is the parent company of Mattel.
Toy Company’s parent company announced last month that it had decided to withdraw from the park after a shooting that left two people dead and six others injured on Wednesday, according to the company’s website.
The shooting took place at the amusement complex in downtown Oklahoma City, where the Oklahoma City Thunder played their home opener.
The incident is being investigated by the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, authorities said.
The Toy Company is scheduled to open its first new location in Oklahoma City later this year.